The Team


The Team:

Oliver Austin: 2D Artist / Game Designer
Travis Kehler: Level Designer
Tessa Liddington: Programmer / Technical Artist
Osei Mcmillan: Concept Artist / Game Designer
Andrew Richards: Game Designer / Story Scripter
Dylan Rinker: 2D Artist / Concept Artist
Alexis Stinson: 2D Artist / Concept Artist

Members and positions may vary depending on schedules and skills available. The final list will become available when the game is finished!


Friday, June 15, 2012

Character Movement

So I've been spending the day prototyping for this game to get the Alpha test ready for Sunday.  I've got the menu functionality working as well as character movement (finally).  There's still some bugs with the jumping (expected), but it looks nice anyway.  I tried really hard for this smooth movement instead of my usual straight-cut start-and-stop movements.

You can also switch among the states, and if you're a bird, you can fly like you're supposed to.  Actually, take a look here, the bird is actually defying gravity!!!

Haha... Okay, I didn't expect you to get it.  I know I'm not that funny.  I rarely try to be.

Anyway, just a few more tweaks and most of the mechanics for regular game play is finished.  Instead of boss fights or enemies, I just make it a time trial instead.  That'll help cut the scope down a bit more to better fit the time allowed for this project, and it'll take out the hit points system also (since it'll be pointless if nothing can kill you).

However, those ideas are still doable for if or when this project gets expanded beyond the NaGaDeMo event.

No comments:

Post a Comment